Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ugh..... Ahh!

I truly do like all of the things and places etc that I "like" on facebook, and being a yoga nerd the majority of those likes are inspirational things and people and all that good stuff. But from an honest point of view, some days I just want to say, okay thank you inspirational quote for being inspirational when I'm in the mood for inspiration. Thank you person with a positive outlook on life for being annoyingly positive on life today but I'm just not feeling it.

I don't want to admit it, but today is one of those days... I'm on edge, I'm annoyed, I am battling feelings of abandonment, and a whole slew of other emotions and the last thing I want to see is some quote about, keep your head up blah blah blah...

Then I refer back to the Sutras and remember that I know I have left people feeling in a state of abandonment for my own selfish reasons. I have been annoying, when others have been on edge and it all comes full circle. Of course the impatient part of me says okay universe I get it, can we carry on now. But the truth of the matter is that I have to BE in that emotion to appreciate it and to move from it. As much as I want to call someone and tell them that they make me feel abandoned for x number of reasons, or tell someone at work or in my life that they are annoying me, what good will it do? Obviously this is easier to type then to actually do but I feel like I should get some brownie points for being aware of it.
In the Yoga Sutras it talks about something being itself in itself. What are you talking about? Okay... an example, if I perceive you as being annoying right now, someone else in your life could perceive them as being sooo sweet.

Who am I to make judgement on them? Woah...

So now I feel bad for saying someone was annoying me and making me feel abandoned...wait for it... that sentance is all about me. Get the clue Kristen. So what do I do? I think a simple conversation with open hearts and open ears may be best. But first it has to be within myself. Others actions are causing me to be annoyed and emotional, I can let them know that their actions towards me are creating that feeling but inevitably it has to do with me. Who knows, maybe once I face the conversation within my own mind as opposed to pushing that on someone else then MY perception of the actions will change and then theres no need for the conversation (other than to educate that person on the breakthrough you just had, in hopes they can use it in the future too)

Take a breath... in with love, out with fear and judgment... Let. It. Go.

No comments: