Thursday, August 20, 2015

Monkey Beach, Where Monkeys Drink CocaCola!

Once upon a time I was in Thailand and my friends thought it would be brilliant to hop in a traditional long tail boat and buzz on over to Monkey Beach! "Lets go!" I said, excited for another adventure in Thailand. Granted, I had burned my foot the night before trying to jump over a fiery jump rope, so I was a bit timid to the idea of hiking around with monkeys, but thats another story! Regardless, Thailand is full of adventures, so lets take another one!

Monkey Beach is called so for a reason. Monkeys graze around, looking for human things that they can steal. Cameras, beware! Towels, beware! CocaCola bottles, beware! They are so funny, and a bit creepy how they will run up to you and inspect what they can take. When you get off that long tail boat you should really get off with no accessories! Think you can have a nice picnic or suntan on the beach, sorry to burst your bubble but no. You can try though, thats fun!

These monkeys have learned over time how to get what they want. One screech and BAM! you run and it is all theirs! Monkeys are such funny creatures, and I love to watch them in their environment... from the boat! To the monkey that took a womans coke bottle, opened it up, and guzzled the drink. My hats off to you, I presume you had your caffeine fix and were ready for another day of thievery! Thank you for the story, and the laugh!





No comments: