Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ohh Fall

Fall is upon us and for my Kapha self it is not my most favorite time of year. Yes I like the colors that change, and the cozy clothes that cooler weather calls into my closet but.... emotionally its a different story.
In my world fall signifies a time of change, where I embrace change it is a very scary time in its own rights. Fall signifies the collapse of my energy levels, an emotionally unstable time, and a quest to fill my schedule to the brim-keeping buys so the time flies and before I know it there is a warmth on my skin again.

Ayurvedically I am so very kapha, which typically would show up as big and slow. Where on the outside I may not look that way, I do find comfort in those spaces. Moving into this kapha time of year is scary. How do I keep myself going with out an overly stacked schedule?

Cue Capricorn Characteristics...

I begin to plan.
Look for great things to come for this spring and summer. I can say that a retreat is in the works, and scouting places abroad is also on the docket... Now those are things that make my soul smile, that warm me inside and move me. They activate the pitta and vatta characteristics that need to take over this time of year!

As the days progress and get colder and colder I will keep my soul warm with the love of great friends and family, plus a hot chocolate with chai.

No comments: