Monday, August 27, 2012

Love Letters

I recently found a box filled with love letters, love letters between my grandma and grandpa. They were married and within a week he was shipped off to boot camp in VA, then to Germany for the Korean War. The letters are amazing, the love that they shared via handwritten letters is beautiful.

"I sure do miss you darling..." he would write.

As this world of internet and social media overtakes all of our lives (seeing that I am "blogging"-a term surely foreign to my grandparents) I hope that we all take time to send a handwritten letter every now and then. If anything keep a handwritten journal, something that is tangible and can be held by generations that will prosper after we are long gone. I hope that one day someone will read my journal and laugh, snicker, and cry as the spells I cast in ink are brought to life, just as I have with those of my elders past.

No comments: