Monday, October 31, 2011

Remembering How to Love

Great post, I had to share with you all. From my Aussie friends, love to see we are all in this exploration together even on the other side of the world! xo :)


"Remembering How to Love"

QUESTION: I’ve been feeling lost and unsure of my next step. I feel the urge to move but I don’t know where.

ANSWER: Then don’t move until you know.

QUESTION: I need to earn money, but have been unwilling to do work that seems menial to me.

ANSWER: And you will continue not to have money as long as you make that decision.

QUESTION: This is good! I’ve written a book but I don’t understand where it belongs. I have a lot of energy and I don’t know where to focus it. I’ve been feeling tired and angry and feeling what I have to give is invisible or invaluable. I feel caught between what is true inside and the way life works on the outside.

ANSWER: You remind me of Paul!

QUESTION: Is there a reason for me to be on the planet right now? I want to live and I....

ANSWER: Well, what is your alternative? I am not being smart here! But I am asking you so that you might realize that the question really means nothing, "why am I on the planet right now". If you truly have no alternative then you might as well pay attention to being here. Because obviously if this is where your presence of mind is being aware, then this is where to give your attention—this is where to be curious. But continue...

QUESTION: I want to live and I want to thrive...

ANSWER: You want to live, did you say?

QUESTION: Yeah.

ANSWER: I know you can take this. I am very glad that you want to live, because again you have no other choice. Don’t want to live if you are already living. Continue...

QUESTION: Do you have any suggestions that will help me to proceed?

ANSWER: Well, I will tell you that all of the things that you just talked about are nothing but distractions you are providing yourself with, distracting you from allowing yourself to be fully present in the moment as who you Are. They are distractions from your allowing yourself to be present in the moment fully enough and quietly enough to have the opportunity to experience what this presence is that you Are. You do not have to be afraid of finding out. You do not have to be afraid that you will find out that there is nothing really here of any value.

As reconfiguration occurs little elements of your life will seem to no longer relate to each other in a way that secures a sense of identity for you. And yet you will find yourself still present observing these elements that had provided you with a sense of identity and substance no longer being cohesive. You will find yourself still observing these elements no longer seeming to be cohesive. They’re disbanding, as it were, from that which seemed to hold you together and will not disrupt you from being the presence of awareness or the presence of mind that is watching them do this. You will remain absolutely permanently present! As these things which you had used in order to have a sense of identity seem to fragment and float away from you, you will find there is less covering You up from your Self.

You know what’s there underneath all these things? What is there about you that is eternal, forever present? It is Love! You know we talk a lot about Awakening, you hear talk about resurrection, I have spoken about coming Home with a capital "H", Remembering with a capital "R" the truth about yourself—and I’m not just addressing her, this is true of every single one of you. And I know some of you have wondered, "what is it, what is it that I have forgotten that something in me is moving me to remember? What is it?" I will put it this way, what you have forgotten is how to Love! And what you will remember is how to Love!

Some of you have felt out of place, you might say, since you were three months old, one year old, two years old. Some of you have never felt happy here. Well, I’ll tell you something, it isn’t because it’s such an awful place. It’s because you have forgotten how to Love. You have forgotten how to Be Love.

I’m going to take a few moments to share some things with you. There is something quite essential to Being the Presence of Love. And what it is that is essential to it is a lot less than what you are bringing to the living of your life. In order to let the Love that you are move into expression you must give up some things—some excess baggage. For example, defense, judgment, plans of your own, insecurity. Interesting, you thought insecurity was something you had because you gave up security and now I’m saying you must give up insecurity? Yes, insecurity felt and practiced is a defense. It is a way to keep yourselves preoccupied so that you don’t find out what’s underneath this thing called insecurity. And what’s underneath it is this Love that each one of you Are—your essential Being. Fear is another thing that you will have to drop from your knapsack! Pride... Personal success...

Now I agree that this is nothing new. And yet it is very important for me to reestablish in your awareness that all of these things stand in the way of your being quiet enough, being present enough with this presence of mind that you are that you would have the opportunity to discover the feeling of the presence that you Are, which is a Movement of Love.

This book or yours, this opportunity to work and have income, what are they if they’re not the opportunity to be in the Movement of the Love that you Are so that you might let it find expression. They are not means of getting anything! Who are all of these people who for whatever reason don’t find value in anything you have to share? Well, they aren’t somebody there to validate you by finding value in what you have to share. They are, I’m going to say, the opportunities you have to share and fulfill your purpose for being in the giving, whether it’s received, whether it’s understood, whether it’s valued or not. Because I want to tell you something: more than the items that you would share it’s the fact that you were giving without self-protection, without fear, without judgment, without self-righteousness that constituted the real gift. The real gift is when you are being present not covered over by anything whatsoever!

I want to come back to the fact that any distress you might be feeling is not because of circumstances—any of the list that you read off, so to speak, at the beginning, but because you have forgotten something. And this is true of everyone in any aspect of their lives. You are afraid, you are judgmental, you are defensive, you are unforgiving, and on and on. Why? Because you have forgotten something, not because there are justifications for these things—it is because you have forgotten something. And so, the answer lies in your remembering.

And this is what you could call a reconfiguration at a higher level, we could say reconfiguration at a more fundamental level. And that which is more fundamental is more universal, it is therefore more natural. It is not something you are working towards but something you are letting yourself into.

Remember, all of you please remember that you cover over the fundamental Presence of your Being which is the impulse of Love which has it’s source in God. It is a matter of covering it over with distractions of fear, judgment, hate, self-righteousness, goal seeking, willfulness, doing good based upon thinking rather than the good that you would spontaneously do as a result of being Conscious of your Self as the Presence of Love. You cover over the Love that you Are with things which you have come to conclude are essential to survival. And because you think they are essential to survival they are worth every ounce of energy you can bring to them so that you can survive. And yet you have no choice but to survive because you Are the Essence and Presence of Life in action already.

The things you were concerned about in the expression of your question all had to do with survival—survival relative to the dynamics of relationships and the power they seem to hold over the ease or lack of ease of your survival. And I am giving you a new point of attention. The point of attention that I am drawing your attention to, is that in you which is underneath all of these distractions, which is the Presence of God which I am calling the Presence of Love. And you being the Presence of Love are the absence of fear, hate, anxiety, judgment and on and on and on. Therefore, this that I am redirecting your attention to is something very valuable, because it is you experiencing the Essential Integrity of your Being so completely that fear and all that follows fear is nothing but nonsense, is nothing to attend to because you are not blocked in anyway from being the fulfillment of purpose that God has in Mind in being you at this very instant.

I want you also to understand that although this could sound like a dissertation on the spirituality of Being, I am describing the actuality of being right here in this very instant, which is absolutely relevant to right where you are—right where everyone of you is. I’m expressing the truth of the instant you’re in and the truth of you in this instant. But you say, "Well I understand what you’re saying. But when I leave this room and go back into the world, what you’ve said isn’t going to mean beans, because I’m going to have to relate to the world the way the world says I’m going to have to relate to it."

Well, there’s another one of those distractions again. It’s not true. There is no reason for you to abandon the genuineness of the Presence of You that is Love and cover it over with a disguise and pretend that you are somebody else and forget who you Really Are and never make the full Gift of your Self. There is no requirement for you to do that! I’m not really picking on you, but you did ask the question. There is no requirement for you to be ingĂ©nue! You can be Present in a new way.

And the discovery all of you have waiting you is that when you refuse to be present in the world covered over by fear and defense you will not become dysfunctional. That’s the discovery you have awaiting for you. You will not become such a radical presence that no one will understand you. You will be even more meaningful. And the primary reason that you will be more meaningful is because in your expression of your Self there will be no apology for what you are expressing because there will be no fear there. And when there’s no fear, people know they are safe. And when people know they are safe they lower their defenses and they let something in. And what could possibly cause someone to lower their defenses but the Presence of Love?

It was important for all of you to hear this today. Thank you for your question.

Excerpt from - http://pamelaparnell.homestead.com/files/frnance.htm

No comments: