Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Motivation

In yoga class: "choose an intention for yourself" instantly out of no where comes motivation. Humm interesting how that just popped into my head. What does motivation even mean... to be motivated... to be moved, to re locate your perception. Well to each his own but it did hit home. There are lots of things I want to do but they are not just going to happen on their own (well they might over time as the universe decides to kick me in the butt for not making it happen sooner) so get on it Kristen. Begin to manifest these heart felt intentions for yourself.

So over the next little while you guys are all going to see lots about this thing I'm calling "to haiti with love..." What is it? A fundraiser that I'm partaking in to raise money to build a sustainable community center complete with papaya and mango farms, and fresh water kiosks among a whole list of other things for people in Haiti. I look forward to using my own hands and sending my own reiki love to the area when I am there in February. For more info you can visit the website

I'm open to any fund raising ideas that any of you have, it is a pretty substantial amount of money I will be raising but with everyone's help we can make a positive impact! For more information on how we can make an impact across the world keep with with my girl Lasha at Trek to Connect she's doing some amazing things!

So... events to look forward to over the upcoming year (email me if you want to volunteer kristenwillia@gmail.com or have any great ideas!)



  • Movie Night once a month through the summer at Yoga for You

  • Yoga Party, a series of classes taught by various instructors throughout the day

  • Hike-A-Thon, get your donations in per mile hiked up Grandfather Mountain's profile trail in NC

  • Yoga and Wine Gathering, wine-yoga-and maybe some of the great chocolate made by the General Store in Morehead City!

  • T-shirts and stickers

  • Origami cranes, make your own or purchase one already constructed~write a well wish for the earth on it, and place it in the nest at the yoga studio. Creating positive intentions throughout the state. Suggested donation $5

  • Gita Talk: We will choose a section of the Bhagavad Gita and discuss our thoughts on it. Great time for intelligent conversation and celebration of this ancient text.
So, there you go...thats what is in my brain right now and it will be manifested over the next few weeks. Look for more information coming soon!

No comments: