Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stitches

I have this cut, it's kind of big and it needed stitches... It's going to take some time to heal. Every few days something happens-And I know it's time to take out one stitch! It's a bit surreal, sometimes I want to hold onto my stitches, to not let them go, to scar.

Then I yoga.

I breathe in expansion. 

I recognize that there will always be a memory, a taste of my past wound. I may talk about it, I may not, but one way or another I will love it, for it is a part of me and it always will be. But sometimes the stitches itch, so I must slowly remove them, one by one, breathing in and breathing out. Taking in the moment and the feel of releasing the sew from my skins bind. Sometimes a tear will fall, but in the end it's all ok. 

Why? 

Because I was gentle. I was observant. I gave myself permission to feel...
And that's how I was able to heal.


No comments: