Saturday, May 5, 2012

"The Buskaholic"

The Buskaholic was a guy I met in the hostle in Auckland, New Zealand... he roams the streets of Auckland playing guitar and singing little diddys, I rounded the corner one day to the familiar Pink Floyd tune of "Wish You Were Here" he was also my roomie in the dorm so one night we wrote a song and it went a little something like this....

Waiting for bedtime
Middle carolina will be just fine
No shoes on the bed
Try not to think about what she said
A swig of honey will make me feel good
like every girl from middle carolina should
A taste of home when i'm far away
dont believe everything this kiwi boy says

Went to Mt Eden didnt see the rock
Bought myself a 1/2 price jacket not a frock
The train will pick me up tomorrow
So i'm waiting for bedtime
Anytimes a good time
Everytimes the right time...

Chorus:
So I'm waiting for bedtime
I took it over for awhile
Anytimes good for a smile
Traveling around for awhile
Traveling around for a smile

Been some places, seen some things
Swig some honey, found some bees
Makes me feel at home when I'm not
like a fat joint of some skunky pot
or a simple rhyme going thru my head
Remembering the words you wrote while laying on my bed
Can you think of some words for me
to explain how I'm feeling
Now its past my bedtime but anytime you want to goto sleep is just fine
Maybe you can help me find a tune
While we wait you can swig some honey too

Chorus...

Don't put your stinky clothes by my bed
Anytimes a goodtime to goto sleep
Luckily I've already brushed my teeth
Living with the moment anytime is good
We built a labyrinth up in our hood
Its north but south or somewhere in between
A swig or a puff makes you feel at home anytime its mean.



Hahaha-Yea some places it makes sense, some places it doesnt, some places you can grab the tune, some places you cant but still fun! Welcome to a night in the hostel of Auckland.

No comments: